Matted coats can be uncomfortable for dogs and unhealthy too! Matted fur can cause skin problems because it does not allow air circulation to the skin surface. This can potentially cause fungal infections, hot spots and skin rotting. Fleas and ticks also love to hide in these areas.
To reduce your pets fur matting:
- Aenean at nunc sem, sit amet tristique nisi.
- Brushing regularly.
- After a bath, smooth the hair cuticle with pet safe conditioner.
- Use brushes meant for matted fur.
- Shaving is an option in extreme cases.
- Wash the fur regularly to reduce debris collected in the fur.